The "Huntington's Disease Treatment Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Treatment (Symptomatic Treatment, Disease-Modifying Therapies), By End use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The anticipated growth of the global Huntington's disease treatment market is poised to make a significant impact, with projections indicating it will reach a substantial USD 1,871.2 million by 2030, as detailed in this comprehensive report. The market's trajectory is set to experience a robust Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.20% from 2023 to 2030.
This remarkable growth is attributed to multifaceted factors, including substantial research and development investments for pioneering new product developments, collaborative research endeavors, and the pronounced burden of Huntington's disease (HD) in western nations. Huntington's disease, a rare inherited neurodegenerative condition, exerts its impact across multiple generations, severely affecting individuals between the ages of 30 and 50. This debilitating disorder impairs their ability to engage in work, fulfill familial responsibilities, and even accomplish routine tasks.
The disease's prevalence showcases a striking variability of more than ten-fold across different geographical regions. This variation could be linked to differences in case identification techniques and diagnostic criteria. Remarkably, the Asian population consistently exhibits a lower prevalence, whereas Europe, North America, and Australia grapple with a higher prevalence.
Key industry players, including Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. and Azevan Pharmaceuticals, Inc., are directing their efforts toward groundbreaking research and development of symptomatic therapies targeting HD. Azevan Pharmaceuticals is vigorously developing SRX246, an experimental drug designed to address neuropsychiatric symptoms linked with Huntington's disease. Functioning by inhibiting the vasopressin 1a (V1a) receptor in the brain, SRX246 holds potential in curbing the manifestation of irritable and aggressive behavior often seen in HD patients.
Despite the advancements, it's noteworthy that currently approved medications offer symptomatic and palliative care, lacking the capacity to tackle the underlying cause of the ailment. While these drugs can mitigate symptom severity, their usage is occasionally linked to undesirable effects such as somnolence, gait complications, dysphagia, and apathy—factors that significantly affect the patient's quality of life.
As the quest for a cure continues, the assessment of Health-related Quality of Life (HRQOL) remains pivotal in the evaluation of its impact on patients. Addressing the needs of patients in the early to middle stages of the disease entails the provision of comprehensive multidisciplinary healthcare services, encompassing cognitive function evaluation and counseling.
However, the journey of drug development for HD has encountered significant hurdles, with numerous therapies failing to demonstrate efficacy or showing pronounced toxicity. A prime example is Vaccinex Inc.'s phase II trial of Pepinemab, which failed to meet pre-specified co-primary endpoints for early manifest and prodromal HD patients.
Huntington's Disease Treatment Market Report Highlights
- The symptomatic treatment segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2022 owing to the product availability and patent protection. Disease-modifying therapies is anticipated to be the fastest-growing segment over the forecast years due to the entry of SAGE-718, and Cellavita-HD
- Companies are now focusing on the development of treatments that can be injected directly into the brain to directly inhibit the formation of mutant HTT protein, instead of targeting the mutant protein
- Drugs with novel targets in early-phase development include Cellavita and Azidus Brazil's Cellavita HD (stem cell therapy), Sangamo Therapeutics, Inc. mHTT ZFP (zinc finger protein), and UniQure's AMT-130 (gene therapy)
- North America held the highest revenue share in 2022 and is expected to dominate the market over the forecast period due to better reimbursement facilities and the high burden of HD in the U.S. and Canada
Market Driver Analysis
- Strong Product Pipeline
- Disease Burden Of Huntington's In Developed Countries
Market Restraint Analysis
- Significant Challenges And Unmet Needs In Huntington's Disease Treatment
- High Failure Rate In Clinical Trials
Business Environment Analysis
- Swot Analysis; By Factor (Political & Legal, Economic And Technological)
- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- H. Lundbeck A/S
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bausch Health Companies Inc.
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/34rxn1
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900