New capability enables users to drive better PCB design choices by assessing their impact on carbon impact
Avishtech, the leading provider of PCB simulation solutions, today announced the launch of its Gauss Sustainability offering. With this offering, users can assess design-specific CO2-equivalent emissions for their printed circuit board designs. This assessment includes the full set of raw materials as well as all process steps and yield losses. In addition, Gauss Sustainability will enable the companies who are now working to standards like the Greenhouse Gas Protocol, ISO14404, ISO14064 (both -1 and -2), and ISO 14067, or are in the process of adopting carbon emissions reduction initiatives as part of their overall corporate strategy, to conduct Life-Cycle Analysis and Life-Cycle Impact Analysis.
Keshav Amla, Founder and CEO of Avishtech notes, “The overall impact of Greenhouse Gases on the environment, the future of the world going forward and the steps needed to mitigate them have been understood for some time now. Many industries have already put stringent guidelines in place to be consistent with this mitigation effort. The electronics industry in general and PCB production specifically contribute significantly to the rise in Greenhouse Gases in the atmosphere. With Gauss Sustainability, we are offering our customers a comprehensive and easy-to-use methodology that will take the key PCB factors into account, in the form of a Cradle-to-Gate Life Cycle Analysis. For any companies that have set carbon emissions reduction goals, signed onto pledges, or simply wish to get ahead of forthcoming regulations and standards, Gauss Sustainability will help them assess the impacts of key design choices and thereby help work to reduce emissions as a part of the design process. These results will further help them build roadmaps for the future. The analysis includes the full impact of the stackup and BOM, the impact of different energy grid choices for each constituent of the stackup and panel size and panelization scrap. Because this capability is built from a thorough deep-dive of the underlying materials and processes, the results are accurate and can capture the impact of even seemingly-subtle changes.”
Through Gauss Sustainability Analysis end-users:
- Can assess the impact of individual design choices on their carbon footprint and potentially drive better design choices as a result.
- Drive improvements throughout their PCB supply chain, such as by pushing for greener processes or for greater use of renewable energy sources at their suppliers’ facilities.
- Can couple it with other efforts being used within a corporation and beyond, in tandem, to help drive broader-level improvements such as a push toward more renewable energy sources in the supply chain.
The computational flow within Gauss Sustainability includes:
- Computing the BOM based on dimensions and the PCB stackup.
- Determining the types of resins, fillers and hardeners and copper foil.
- Determining the type of stackup – HDI layers vs straight through.
- Proprietary computations that are based on process details, energy sources, and chemical makeup.
Gauss Sustainability is available now and can be purchased as node-locked or floating annual licenses, either independently or as an add-on to Gauss Stack.
Avishtech is a San Jose, CA-based high technology company founded in 2015 on the principle of using a multidisciplinary approach to build the materials-driven technologies of the future. Avishtech’s Gauss line of simulation and design software embodies its long-standing commitment to rigorous and thorough research and development, coupled with its core goal of achieving the highest levels of performance and reliability. For more information about Avishtech and its products, please visit www.avishtech.com or telephone +1-408-650-6726.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221115005387/en/