Comcast and the Town of Mead announced today that Comcast will expand its Xfinity 10G Network, to serve homes and businesses throughout Mead, Colorado. This planned expansion adds to Comcast’s prior $1.2 billion investment into network and technology advancements throughout Colorado over the last three years. Construction of the new fiber-rich highway began earlier in May 2023 and people will be able to connect beginning in the Fall.
With this expansion, Comcast will provide the Xfinity suite of services including broadband internet speeds faster than a gig, video, mobile, voice, home management, and Comcast Business products and services.
“Mead residents and businesses have been clear; they want more choice for cable and internet services. Our recent service agreement with Comcast gets us one step closer to fulfilling our commitment to provide high-speed options to our community,” said Mead Mayor Colleen Whitlow. “Access to reliable, fast internet and cable is critical to serve the needs of our growing town. Comcast has a proven track record of dependability and quality, and we look forward to welcoming them into our community.”
“Comcast is committed to connecting more people to what and who matters most to them,” said J.D. Keller, Senior Vice President, Comcast’s Mountain West Region. “We’re excited to bring our fast, reliable, secure network and services to the people here in Mead. Whether it’s for work, school, or entertainment, our fiber-rich, multi-gigabit network is built to meet the needs of tomorrow - today.”
Comcast is committed to addressing digital equity in the communities it serves through Project UP, the company’s $1 billion dollar commitment to help tens of millions of people connect to the internet and build futures of unlimited possibilities. During the last three years, Comcast Colorado invested more than $42.6 million to help more than 260 community organizations statewide provide personalized digital skills training, offer workforce development/readiness workshops and other tech education to students, adults, and people with disabilities. Comcast works with many Northern Colorado community organizations to advance digital equity, expanding access to technology and supporting technology skills-building programs, including the Boys & Girls Clubs in Weld and Larimer Counties, Thompson Education Foundation, St. Vrain Valley Schools Education Foundation, the Success Foundation Serving Greeley-Evans Schools, United Way in both Weld and Larimer Counties, the Arc of Weld County, Easterseals Colorado and more. Comcast in Colorado will continue to expand its partnerships to support community organizations serving the Town of Mead and other Northern Colorado communities.
Comcast’s community funding supports ongoing efforts to build awareness about connectivity programs like Internet Essentials and the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which offers eligible households up to $30/month credit, or up to $75 for households on tribal lands, for home Internet. Comcast proudly participates in the Affordable Connectivity Program, and offers Internet Essentials Plus, a $29.95/month home Internet service that is effectively free for eligible households, once the ACP credit is applied. Interested customers can visit Xfinity.com/ACP or call 1-800-Xfinity to learn more about this program and find out if they qualify.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products, and symmetrical gig speeds to the first homes are planned for later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful Xfinity WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest-growing providers of Ethernet services.
For more construction details and updates, visit www.colorado.comcast.com/mead/
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company that connects people to moments that matter. We are principally focused on broadband, aggregation, and streaming with over 56 million customer relationships across the United States and Europe. We deliver broadband, wireless, and video through our Xfinity, Comcast Business, and Sky brands; create, distribute, and stream leading entertainment, sports, and news through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, Universal Studio Group, Sky Studios, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, multiple cable networks, Peacock, NBCUniversal News Group, NBC Sports, Sky News, and Sky Sports; and provide memorable experiences at Universal Parks and Resorts in the United States and Asia. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
Town of Mead
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/comcast-and-town-of-mead-announce-the-expansion-of-the-companys-xfinity-10g-network-474481895